When you get to the end of your life, you’re not going to look back and wish you’d spent more time stuck inside your practice, doing the routine (and frankly, dull) stuff you do a hundred times a week.
Instead you’ll wish you’d spent more time with your family. Your children. Your friends. Having fun. Travelling, Golf. Hang gliding. Whatever does it for you.
This is why I spent months designing a manifesto for the Practice Mastermind. Because I’ve worked with enough practice owners over the years, to know that there is a better way.
When we work together in the Practice Mastermind, the 16 “rules” of this manifesto will guide everything we do.
It’s split into two sections. Let me tell you today about the most important – the business owner’s mindset.
Mastermind Manifesto: Business owner’s mindset
1. The business is there for you and not the other way round. Its purpose is to give you plenty of time to live the life you most want to live, and sufficient cash to make that happen
2. Remind yourself daily about the life you want to lead in the future, so you’re not distracted by today’s daily clutter
3. Have clear written goals, to laser focus your daily actions
4. Spend 60 to 90 minutes every day working ON your business rather than IN your business
5. Doing stuff is more impressive than talking about doing stuff
6. Make the business just 1% better every week. Over time that’s life changing
7. You should only do what only you can do. Just because you own the business doesn’t mean you need to do all of the work. Have Teflon shoulders and DOA (Delegate, Outsource, Automate)
8. You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully
9. Lead your team. Inspire them. Train them well. And coach them 121 for best results
I’ll email you part two of the manifesto in the next few days. In the meantime, click here to see the full details of the Practice Mastermind.